Thursday, February 23, 2012

Hello again.  I'm really excited about the card I'm showing off today.  I don't do flowery very often, so that was the first challenge here.  It's a gatefold that I cut on my Silhouette, intended to be a standard center fold, but I turned and folded it so that it would open as a surprise onto a center panel.
This is an anniversary card that I made after the first lesson in a class called Silhouette 101 from My Creative Classroom.  This was the first time that I typed out my caption, changed the size and font and then welded it.  I did make a shadow but decided not to use it. 

This beautiful paper is from a DCWV 12x12 stack that I picked up at Ross Dress for Less for about five dollars.  You really can't lose at that price. 

Now, when i gave this card to my friends yesterday, I told them that the outside was for her, but the inside was for him... 
Stella and Gus are from Bugaboo and the sentiment came with them.  When you've been married as long as we all have a sense of humor about marriage is mandatory.  The pretty paper here is a free digi from Create with TLC.  I actually printed Stella, Gus, and the sentiment right on the paper, then colored them.  First time I've done it right this, but I think I'll be doing it again.  It really makes a difference in the bulkiness and weight of the card.  Much easier to mail this way...

I'm sorry my pictures are blurry.  Can't decide whether it's the camera or the photographer (me).  I really do not see well, so I'm betting on me!

Have a great day,
SiskiyouSue

1 comment:

  1. LOL, this is too funny....the inside is funny. The outside is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate hearing from you!