Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Autumn

Hey!  Hope none of you were too shocked to see another post from me already. I'm trying to turn over a new leaf, lol.

Tonight I have a card that I have been working on for quite a while.  For some reason it just didn't come together.  I finally finished last night, after almost a month of trying to find some way to make it work.  Thank goodness for the wonderful inspiration I found on YOUR blogs!  Strange because I really like the image.  It reminds me of myself growing up.
 I used colored pencil on heavy watercolor paper.  I like the sky, but not the children.   Don't expect to use this paper again except on a background.  I do like how the sky turned out, however, and it was fun to do.

The leaf paper is from an older mat stack, which, unfortunately has no cover, so I don't know what it was.  I'm especially sorry about that, because this was the last of these beautiful papers.

 I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Make It Monday
Pinspirational Challenges
Tuesday Throwdown
Everyday Art Challenge
Crafty Sentiments
 Clear It Out Challenges
Can You Digi It 
CardCraftersCircle

Thank you for looking at my card.  Hope you are enjoying the Autumn, it's more beautiful here than usual!

SiskiyouSue

19 comments:

  1. Love the image and the coordinating background paper . Thanks for sharing lovely card on Make it Monday .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Da ist es ja stürmisch auf deiner Karte :)
    Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei EAC.
    Liebe Grüße Doreen
    EAC-Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I think you did a fabulous job coloring the children and the tree! All those little leaves. Great job on the layout also. Thanks for joining us at {Pin}spirational Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For a card that gave you trouble, this turned out beautifully! The water coloring is perfect for it! Thanks for joining us at the Clear It Out Challenge.
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing like a good blustery fall day!! Love that image - and your card. So pretty.
    Thanks so much for joining us at {Pin}spirational Challenges.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome image! Your card is wonderful! Thanks for joining us at {Pin}spirational Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great image and the maple leaf embellishment is a beautiful touch. Thanks for joining the fun at {Pin}spirational Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Vintage Autumn card! Thanks for joining CYDI? this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool image and your sky and tree are wonderfully done. Glad you could finish it up and participate in the CYDI? challenge - love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a super windy card, love the image thanks for joining us at CYDI?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there what a lovely vintage card.. So glad you shared it with us at {Pin}spirational challenges! Please let me recommend entering your card at Card Crafters Circle as well our challenge is vintage this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a Sweet Vintage image! And a Wonderful blustery fall day too! Just a Fabulous Fall creation! So glad you could join us at Tuesday Throwdown! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS!

    My entries are: #111 and #124.

    I would love to have you visit my blogs: Paper and Scraps Creations by Julia and Me and Myself on the Dark…

    Hugs,

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous, love the colours and image. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! Very nice card... lovely leaf and that image is so realistic!

    Thank you for participating in this week's {PIN}Spirational Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the vintage look! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Tuesday Throwdown and hope to see you again this week!

    Susan, TT DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful image....I just saw you were the winner here: http://pausedreamenjoy.blogspot.com/2012/10/yikes-and-winner.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Turn over a new leaf...LOL! Love the image and the addition of the charm. Thanks so much for joining the Can You Digi It? challenge this week!

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card! Thanks for participating in the {PIN}spirational Challenge! Hope to see you again!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate hearing from you!