Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Hello to everyone!  Hope you enjoyed a lovely 3-days weekend.  I know that I did.  My hubby went off to a wedding in Minnesota and my son was working, so I was home alone for 3 days.  I got a lot of crafting done, mostly because it kept on raining.  It really was great to stay inside and warm and dry... 

I really had fun making this.  The image, which makes me laugh every time I look at it, is from Meljens, colored with pencils.  The paper I printed the image on is a heavy textured watercolor paper.  I haven't liked it for most things, but for the dog's rough fur it worked well.  I'll probably keep some around for times like this.  The green dotted paper is a free digital paper that I've had for a while.  I really like the color variation in it.  And I used my Texture Boutique to emboss the base card.  I'm wanting to get a larger embosser, but can't seem to decide which one.  Any ideas for me?   Okay, now the inside of the card...
The only thing I really wish I had done differently was to use more mats for the white rectangles on both the front and the inside.  Don't know why I am not consistent about that, because I really prefer them matted.  Oh, who knows!

Have a great week!  I'll be thinking about all of you hard at work people...  School is out and while I will be going to work still to finish up paperwork, I can set my own hours and do what I want.  That is really very freeing!

3 comments:

  1. This card made me smile! The doggie is so cute and I love the spotted paper! I use a Cuttlebug for embossing, but I would love to have one that does bigger items. If you find one, let me know! :)

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, glad you got my comment. The prize is a set from SVGCuts.com...the new baby set or if you don't want that one, another one of your choice. So I actually need your email address to send your the code to use when your check out. I hope you use cut files...lol...with Sure Cuts A Lot or Make The Cut with your cutter. Let me know! Thanks
    DragonflyDesigns5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way this card came out! thanks for coming by my blog and leaving such nice comments I just feel bad it took me so long to come over to find you...but I am here now...and last year 11-08-10 my husband and I were married for 35 years....goes by in the blink of an eye...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate hearing from you!